What is an escape room?
- A room or collection of rooms requiring teams to use instinct, critical thinking and logic to solve puzzles, crack codes, find secret passages, and uncover hidden mysteries as you race against the clock to find your escape.
Who is A2Z Escape?
- A2Z Escape is owned and operated by long-time Hays residents and family members, Janet Giersch, Judy Brummer, Jerry Braun, and Emily Nuttle. We create and design original escape room experiences for our friends and neighbors in the Hays community and surrounding areas.
How long does it take to play?
- Each escape room will be allotted up to 60 minutes to complete the escape adventure.
How many people can play?
- Even just one person can play, but it's more fun with friends. We recommend 4-6 people. Room capacity is 8.
Am I really locked in the Escape Room?
- No, for safety reasons you may exit the escape room at any time. However, if you leave, the clock does not stop.
What if I want to have only my group in the room?
- You can reserve the whole room by purchasing all 6 available spots for that room, however, we will allow you to bring up to 2 additional people at no extra cost. Additional players could be added to your escape room if all 6 spots are not reserved.
Can I bring my employees for a team building activity?
- Yes! An escape room is an excellent option for businesses or organizations to provide team building opportunities. Contact usto inquire about team building options. A private conference room is available in addition to the escape rooms for team building activities. Special group rates may apply.
Is A2Z Escape an option for birthday parties?
- We would love to help you host a birthday party or other kind of party. A private party room is available before or after the escape room experience, so bring your cake and presents along! Contact us about party options and possible group rates.
What is the minimum age to play?
- We recommend the age of 12 years and up, but younger children can certainly still enjoy the experience when accompanied by an adult. Anyone playing under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver or be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Can I bring my cell phone or cameras into the rooms?
- No cell phones or photography equipment may be used in the escape rooms.
How early should we arrive before our scheduled time?
- Please arrive no later than 15 minutes before your scheduled time. If you do not arrive on time, you may not get the full 60 minutes.
What are your hours?
- We are open Friday and Saturday evenings and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. We also anticipate extended and extra options during traditional vacation times (including summer.) We are available outside of these normal hours by appointment. Contact us for special requests.
How much does it cost?
- Our fee is $20 per person or you can reserve the entire room for $120. Contact us for group rate pricing options.
Are there any additional taxes or fees?
- No. Our price is your price. All taxes are included in that price and we do not pass along any hidden fees to our customers.
What is your cancellation policy?
- There are no refunds for cancellations. You may, however, contact us at least 24 hours before your scheduled time to re-book at a different time if space is available.
I have a gift card, how do I redeem it?
- Please call us to schedule your escape room experience and we will redeem your gift card upon arrival. Gift certificates can also be purchased at the escape room.